‘Absense makes the heart grow fonder.’
I think many of us hear this quote constantly. But is it that true, and do you feel it applying. I’ve heard of long distant relationships being hard, but people say that in the end its worth it, because you ache to be with your loved one, and your heart/love does grow.You appreciate each small moment you had spent together. You flip through your pictures laughing about memories. But how long can it last?
There are two things that I always think of when i hear this quote. Allah subhanAllah and the Rasool alayhi asalaam.
1) This quote, it doesn’t apply to Allah jalla jalaluhu. Our hearts are so delicate, and need to be constantly with the presence of remembering Allah. Thats why the prayers are put at the times they are put. When you have someone in mind, you think of them all day, yes. But you call them at night, before bed, you don’t call them 5 times a day, with total tranquillity. With Allah subhanahu wa tala though, we have to be constantly connected. We have to have ikhlaas in our deen.
205. And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and with fear without loudness in words in the mornings, and in the afternoons and be not of those who are neglectful.
In this dunya, you send an email to your friend, and wait maybe 2 days for a reply.You axienously await to hear from them.You feel you are incomplete without them. But Allah subhanahu watala, where ever we go, wherever we are, whenever… He truly is always there. He never lets us stay alone, and when you feel down and lonely, what do your friends tell you? ‘Turn to Allah’. If we were able to have this amazing feeling in our hearts, everything would go in place, trust me, it would subhanAllah.
Allah gives us this constant chance, He allows us to remember Him, which is a mercy to mankind. We don’t wanna be from the losers.
15. So worship what you like besides Him. Say (O Muhammad SAW): “The losers are those who will lose themselves and their families on the Day of Resurrection. Verily, that will be a manifest loss!”
16. They shall have coverings of Fire, above them and covering (of Fire) beneath them; with this Allâh does frighten His slaves: “O My slaves, therefore fear Me!”
But from time to time, we have that missing feeling. Well we should I suppose. Between your salah, while busy with this dunya, don’t you ache to take a break and be with your Lord. Its a healthy feeling (in my opinon).
2) Now you say absence allows the heart to grow fonder right? I understand that quote, but why cannot feel this way towards the Rasool? Its been what- 1400 years, we should be aching with love towards him alayhi asalam. He lived his life, for us. He, alhamdulilah sent us this message. Why do we not remember him as much as we remember our loved on that lives in a diff continent.
This thought brings me shivers. SubhanAllah, Allah knows how its so easy for us to forget, He allows us to remember Him and base our lives around Him 5 times a day. For me, i feel this is such a blessing, and such a mercy. Analyze your heart, is that shawq feeling (missing) there, is it? Do you feel that you miss the Rasool, and strive to do anything to know the reward of being in company with him. Insha’Allah
PS. bintmushtaq ❤ maybe this is good for us 😉 LOL